NV Updater not opening

• Could you sent me the output mentioned here too?

And i saw you are using 0.3.0.0, please use the new version, maybe its faulting on optimus.

• Hi,

I downloaded NV Updater about an hour ago, saved it, and tried to run it on this computer. It failed with the following error message:

[NV Updater (Nvidia Driver Updater) 0.4.0.1 .exe - Application Error]

The exception unknown software exceptions (0xe0434352)

occurred in the application at location 0x77174e28

This ASUS ROG Laptop G751JY has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M and is running Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) with Media Center.

When there appears to be some resolution to this issue, I will try NV Updater again on this machine, and if it works, on an ASUS ROG G703GX that has an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 and is running Windows 10 Pro. The latter machine is not fully configured yet since it will be replacing this one, and I want to make a full backup before testing new (still in development) programs on it.

I have not read the docs for NV Updater but will be looking for things that help me block any or all unwanted telemetry related to the GPU, other hardware, Windows and other MS programs as well as the usual crapload of bundleware.

Regards,

FractalZ

• [NV Updater (Nvidia Driver Updater) 0.4.0.1 .exe - Application Error]

The exception unknown software exceptions (0xe0434352)

occurred in the application at location 0x77174e28

This error seems to point on a problem with your .NET installation, thats what google tell me about that :/. Actual the app needs .NET Framewirk 4.7.2, if you have this installed, maybe try the .NET Repair Tool from Microsoft.

• Hey,

Guess it looks like we have two different people with two different exceptions going on in this thread now.

Should I move to my own thread?

Here's the info you wanted:

• Optimus? O.o

I only have one video card though

In any event, 0.4.0.0 works and has no WD false positive :)

Oh just as a side comment - the popup that comes up when there is a new APP version (with the Install or Cancel buttons)

It would be nice if this showed in the taskbar rather than being a toolwindow - it's easy for it to get lost underneath other windows!

• Yes but it seems you have something different because your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 has the ID VideoController2 and normal its VideoController2. The older versions of NV Updater cant recognize this controllers, i fixed this after some research finally on 0.3.0.4 :).

Oh just as a side comment - the popup that comes up when there is a new APP version (with the Install or Cancel buttons)

It would be nice if this showed in the taskbar rather than being a toolwindow - it's easy for it to get lost underneath other windows!

Ok i will have a look on it, but it is a update library that not comes from me ;)